Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Canton Police Department, as well as numerous other jurisdictions have received calls from residents reporting their personal information was being used to enroll in unemployment benefits.
The U. S. Secret Service has issued an alert relative to the massive fraud against State Unemployment Insurance programs by foreign actors. Massachusetts is one of the States reporting significant false claims using stolen identities.
Canton residents, who are victims, should take the following steps:
1. File a police report with the Canton Police and providing as much information as possible by Clicking Here
2. If still employed, notify your Human Resources Department.
3. Go to the below Mass.gov website to file the Fraud Reporting Form
4. Notify credit bureaus of compromised information to help circumvent possible future fraud.
5. Victims of identity theft can also file a report and find additional guidance at www.identitytheft.gov.